Welcome to the Summer Term in Fox Class
Foxes overview topic is Rocks, Relics and Rumbles.
- In Literacy we will be exploring Escape from Pompeii and recreating our own versions. We will also be looking at newspaper articles and we will be looking at shape poetry focusing on using expanded noun phrases. Each of these topics will link with our virtues.
- In Maths we will start with measurement: Time then moving on to mass and capacity. Followed by Geometry: properties of shapes and position and direction.
- In Science we will be learning about rocks, how are rocks used? Fossils and soil testing.
- In History we will look at Pompeii. We will be learning about the historical concepts such as continuity and change, cause and consequence, similarity, differences and significances, and use them to make connections, draw contrasts, analyse trends, frame historically valid questions and create their own structured accounts.
- In Geography we will find out about key aspects of physical geography, including: climate zones, biomes and vegetation belts, river, mountains, volcanoes and earthquakes and the water cycle.
- In PE we will develop our stamina and determination by learning a range of new skills as we learn to play team games and use a range of equipment safely.
- In creative sessions we will explore music/arts inspired by a range of cultures. We will use a range of different techniques and materials to create art to represent core virtues.
- In MFL we will be focusing on Spanish this term, we will be talking about describing ourselves as a person.
- In RE we will be exploring ‘How and why do people make the world a better place.’
This term Fox Class will have opportunities to deepen their understanding of a range of cultures around the world and celebrate the similarities and differences we encounter along the way.
- Make stronger links with our friends at EduKid and learn more about our sponsored child, Nick.
- Continue to work with EduKids Global Citizenship Programme
- Explore what ‘courage and service’ are as core virtues and have the opportunity to look at our own actions and think about innovative ways that we can bring about positive changes.
- Through our topic sessions we will discover changes around the world and how life has developed.
Summer Term 2021 - Service
This term we are learning about historical events linked to land around the world. We will think about the impact these events had on communities and on the world. We will link this to our understanding of how we can serve our land, how we can make positive changes in our own lives, and how we can make positive changes in the world around us.
This term our focus virtues are Resilience, critical thinking, service, and courage.
- Explore these virtues in our whole school and class-based assemblies.
- Use our focus virtues as drivers for our teaching and learning across the curriculum.
- Look out for ‘virtues in action’ in many ways as well as develop our own character journeys and celebrate all our efforts.
- Develop character through PSHE sessions by exploring ideas about right and wrong and making good choices.
During this Summer Term Foxes will…
- Take part in Wild tribe sessions on a Wednesday afternoon, serving our land and developing a rich environment for growing.
- Learn more about EduKid through a range of virtual sessions and hands-on practical experiences.
- Continue to make links with our local community virtually and safely this term.
- Develop our awareness of what it means to belong to and serve a community through our ‘Service’ virtue.
- To build our resilience and critical thinking through practical activities included throughout the curriculum.